1. Why a C.N.A. instead of a “Caregiver”?
Certified Nurses Assistants are licensed by the State of California:
· They are fingerprinted.
· They have a criminal background check.
· They receive extensive training in order to obtain their license.
2. Do I need someone with me at the hospital?
While the floor nurses do their best to attend all patients, they are usually assigned too many, so the wait time to fulfill your needs may be extensive.
3. Can the nurses go home with me?
4. What hours do they work?
Nurses work eight or twelve hour shifts. Shifts are normally 7-7 or 8-8.
5. Does Medicare pay for this service?
No, however some Long Term Insurance Policies may cover a portion of the cost.